Thanks Hoosier, nice and concise, Great work – reblogging!
It sure would’ve been nice to see this sooner, but better late than never. Finally, we get to see the really good stuff that has been in the works for sometime and takes a great product and makes it even better. This is a key update for any existing EMC VNX customers (though I recommend waiting 1-2 quarters before upgrading) and any new VNX customers.
The key updates include:
- Support for mixed RAID types in a storage pool
- A new Flash 1st auto-tiering policy
- New RAID templates to support better efficiency – such as changing RAID6 protection scheme from 6+2 to 14+2.
- In-family data-in-place upgrades – bringing back the capability that existed within Clariion to essentially do a head-swap and grow to the next model.
- Windows Branch Cache support for CIFS/SMB file shares
- Load-balancing and re-balancing within a storage tier
- VNX Snapshots now provides write-in-place pointer-based snapshots that in their…
View original post 18 more words